Wednesday, May 22, 2013

...and here's what I bought!

I love to read the blogs after everyone comes home from the Lucketts Spring Market, to hear what they liked the best and to see photos of what everyone bought.   Here's what spoke to me this past weekend.

A quilt that I purchased for my living room.  I am always drawn to the booths with textiles.  I imagine all the hand stitching that went into a quilt like this.  I love touching all the fine embroidery work on the various dresser scarves and doilies.  As one who does a bit of embroidery I can certainly appreciate the time that goes into these pieces. 


Another thing that catches my eyes is gardening "stuff".  I collect floral frogs and found a couple this past weekend that are not duplicates of what I already have so I purchased them as well as a couple cloches.  The frog with the spikes is great to hold a recipe card or a note to someone, etc.  I am always on the lookout for those.

 
I also bought a couple quarts of Annie Sloan Chalk paint....in fact, I'm stepping out of my comfort zone and I will be painting something in her "pink"!   Last week I did a table in Luckett's green milk paint so this week at the yard sales I'll be looking for something to paint pink!
 
I almost forgot, there was some really great jewelry there and I found a big clunky bracelet that I liked, so that came home with me as well.    We had a lot of fun and already I'm looking forward to next year's show.
 
 

No comments: